Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Lassez-faire

I think I'm losing it. I can't keep this up much longer. Too much is happening all around me. Someone is always hurting. Someone always needs help. I can't be active 24 hours a day. I can't do this.

I feel like a failure every second that someone is hurting that I could be helping. Why do I waste the time to write this blog, to go out for coffee, even to sleep in? Why do I have to be so... human? One might say, "I can sleep when I'm dead." but this just isn't possible.

Mayhaps I need a vacation? I've been wanting to see the Callanish Stones, in Scotland... The change of air might do me good. Just... let things be as they will here for just one week. Can I do that? Or will I lose whatever humanity I have worked so hard to lay claim to?

Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment